Based on our experience and years of observation we highly recommend adaptation visits, especially for young patients and children with bad experiences with dentists. First visit should take place about the age of 2. It aims to acquaint the child with the cabinet, doctor, discussing with parents the diet and eating habits. A common mistake made by parents is making an appointment only when the pain occurs. Then the use of minimally invasive methods of treatment is limited or impossible, and such visit is the most common cause of the negative attitude of the child to dental procedures.
Eruption of teeth – teething
Eruption of teeth is a long-term process and begins between sixth month and a first year of life. 2,5 years old child has full dentition. Milk teeth erupt in the following order: “1”, “2”, “4”, “3” and “5”.
Then about the age of 6 starts eruption of permanent teeth. Until recently, the first permanent teeth were “6” appearing just behind milk teeth, which is often overlooked by parents. Now the firstpermanent teeth are usually lower „1”, and second „6”. Apart from „8”, for which there are no rules, all teeth should be erupted until about being 12 years old.
Count your milk teeth! You have 20 of them.
Count your permanent teeth! You have 32 of them.
Why is it worth to treat milk teeth?
- Untreated milk teeth can cause pain, children don’t want to eat ora re nervous. Parent usually don’t connect it with the problem of teeth decay;
- Lack of treatment leads to premature removal milk teeth, and then to orthodontic complications;
- Early loss of milk teeth inhibits the growth of jaw bones, lack of teeth = lack of stimulation of crestal bone, permanent teeth won’t fit;
- Deficiencies in the front part effects correct setting of tongue and speaking abilities;
- Milk teeth decay transfers easily to newly erupted, weakly mineralized, permanent teeth;
- dental health affects the overall health of the child;
- dental caries can cause many diseases, such as heart or kidney diseases.
Why children like us:
- We have many years of experience of working with children;
- Doctors developed their psychological tricks to make kids feel comfortable;
- During the treatment children watch their favourite cartoons and movies, sometimes they have headphones so they don’t hear the sounds of the turbine;
- We often offer laughing gas to make cooperation easier;
- Children receive rewards for being brave patients;
- Saturdays are at IMEDI days for children – they are well-rested, happy and more willing to cooperate. And we, as well as parents, dedicate this day to our little patients, without rush and other matters